The school has a hard wired network computer system to which all the computers are linked.
Each class has at least two networked computers. In addition via our wireless network children have access to iPods, iPads and Chrome Books. Clevertouch screens in each class (including the Nursery) are also used to enhance teaching and learning. Further hardware includes; digital cameras, microscopes and visualisers.
A core of programs including online resources and apps are used to support the Computing curriculum. The school has a policy governing children’s access to the Internet, including online safety.
Our aims in teaching Computing are to allow children to –
- understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computing, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- be responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology
- know how to keep themselves safe online