E-Safety at All Saints
Online safety plays an important role in keeping our children safe, both at school and at home. Online safety is taught to all pupils and will be covered within the Computing curriculum. Talking to children about what they are doing online is a fantastic way to understand the internet further.
Throughout the school, an emphasis is put on using technology safely, ensuring all our pupils know where to go should they have any concerns. We will also provide the children with the ability to recognise when something isn’t quite right in the first place. The E-cadets also play an important role in school, helping to promote the significance of online safety, as well as being a trusted person the children can turn to.
Computing is at the heart of our learning as we prepare the children for the future. We encourage you to take the opportunity to engage with your child to understand more about the internet too. As a parent or carer, it is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of what your child is using the internet for and that it is age-appropriate.
Please have a look at the parent guides, to help keep your child safe whilst using the internet.
E-Safety Parent Guides
- Staying safe online (Childline): https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/online-mobile-safety/staying-safe-online/
- Making a stronger password: https://www.getsafeonline.org/personal/articles/passwords/
- Use of video chat and webcams: www.childnet.com/young-people/secondary/hot-topics/video-chat-and-webcams
- Parents and carers guide: www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-and-resources/a-parents-guide
- Gaming: https://www.getsafeonline.org/
Online Safety Policy
Our Policy on Online Safety can be found with the other School Policies