Pupil Premium funding is allocated to schools and academies with pupils between the Foundation Stage and Year 6, on roll in January of each year, that are known to have been eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any time in the last six years.
Each of these pupils attracts an amount of money for each financial year since they have been registered. For details relating to current and previous designated amounts, and other recent information related to Pupil Premium, please click on this link.
Schools have the freedom to spend the pupil premium, in a variety of ways that they think will best support raising the achievement of funded pupils in comparison with their non-Pupil Premium peers within the school, whatever their academic starting point and potential.
In order to ensure that any child eligible for Pupil Premium is identified, the school communicates regularly with parents and carers to request they apply for this additional funding as it is not something schools are able to do themselves. For the latest information on how to apply for the funding for Sutton residents, please follow this link.
Below are some of the ways in which All Saints supports children entitled to Pupil Premium across the school:
- Additional Booster Groups and Interventions led by Teaching Assistants;
- Additional small group teaching from senior leaders and other teachers;
- Additional cover for Class Teachers to allow more individualised planning for pupils;
- Financial support, where appropriate for extra-curricular activities;
- Financial support, where appropriate for educational visits or residential trips
- Contribution towards employing an Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) who run regular interventions for many pupils including those in receipt of Pupil Premium;
- Contributions to inspiring workshops
- Individual adaptations to learning environments/arrangements.
- Training courses for staff responsible for allocating and adapting provision.